SOURDOUGH CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI MUFFINS & RECIPE ROUND-UPAug 16, 2016
Plant a zucchini and feed the world, the saying goes. Well my over exuberant self had to plant the WHOLE package of zucchini seeds because what if those pill bugs liked zucchini seeds and left me with none like my lettuce, like my beans? I didn't stop to consider that they might all grow. They might all turn into viable large, feed the world plants. And they did, but I couldn't dare throw them all out. What a waste! Well, not only are we 'feeding' the world with zucchini now but our whole family, at every meal and every dish. Time for some variety! Here are a few yummy looking zucchini recipes for your zucchini abundance.
Preserving Zucchini (freezing shredded zucchini) from Life Between the Kitchen and the Coop
Salt and Vinegar Zucchini Chips by Sugar Free Mom
Dehydrating Zucchini for Winter Use by Learning and Yearning
Fermented Zucchini Pickles from the Fermented Food Lab
Blueberry Banana Zucchini Bread from Made to be a Mamma
Zucchini Brownies from Crazy for Crust
Zucchini Breakfast Casserole from Simply Recipes
Side Dish Recipes
Roasted Garlic-Parmesan Zucchini, Squash and Tomatoes from Cooking Classy
Zucchini Tots from 31 Daily
Main Dish Recipes
Zucchini Stuffed Shells with Italian Sausage from Yellow Bliss Road
Zucchini Season Italian Sausage Boats from The Beautiful Life
Zucchini Pad Thai from Eat. Drink. Love
Zucchini Meat Loaf by Diet Taste
Mexican and Zucchini Beef from Low Carb Yum
Garlic Margherita Chicken and Zucchini from Healthy Fitness
Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats by The Wholesome Dish
Last but not least our yummy zucchini muffin recipe for those rather large, "missed you when I checked the garden yesterday" zucchini, you know the type. They are now going into one of the best chocolate muffins I've ever had. We hope you will think so too or at least have a new way to use those monster zucchini's!
Sourdough Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
1 cup raw honey
1/3 cup melted organic butter
3/4 cup sourdough starter
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup white wheat flour
1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Melt your butter over low heat and let cool.
- Mix your raw honey and sourdough starter. After butter is cooled add that to this mixture.
- Add your eggs and vanilla, give it a good mix.
- Next are the dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, sea salt and blend in well until dry ingredients are incorporated. If its a little wet its ok to add more flour, the thickness of your sourdough starter will affect how much flour to put in. Your looking for a batter that isn't too wet and drips but one that is thick and not dry. The batter should fall in clumps off the spoon.
- Add your zucchini and blend well.
- Add chocolate chips if you have them and blend in. This recipe is great without them but chocolate chips make everything that much better!
- Bake muffins at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, mini loaves for 35-45 minutes and full size loaves at 40-50 minutes. Using a tooth pick, poke the middle of the fastest part. If the tooth pick comes out clean they are done. Happy eating and don't forget the tea, we might suggest some Peppermint Patty with this.
Are you getting weekly tips on all things herbal?
Growing, creating, recipes, herbal medicine tips, and more every week right to your inbox (including sales on herbal goodness!) Make sure you grab it here!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.