Recipe: Tea Infused Turkey PinwheelsNov 18, 2017
The stores in town are busting out the Christmas trees and the lights. The holiday bazaars have started and so has the shopping. Down at the farm life is a little bit slower.
This time of year we are embracing fall, even if the coldness feels a bit more like winter. We are enjoying the beautiful color on the fall leaves, the reds and oranges are just beautiful here this time of year. Along with the fall beauty we are embracing seasonal foods. Not that that is a new thing here on the farm but the season is new!
That means lots of cranberries, pumpkin and squashes and apples! Its also the season of sharing with friends and family! What better way than to make a dish to take and share at gatherings with friends and family?!
My favorite food at gatherings is usually the snacks or appetizers, aside from dessert of course ;) Little bites of yummy goodness! We decided to spice up a favorite treat of ours, turkey pinwheels, with some tea.
Our Coastal Cranberry Spice was the perfect blend for this recipe but you are welcome to use any fruit tea that you enjoy as well as just plain cranberry sauce.
We used tea in place of cranberry sauce not only because it adds to the depth of the flavor but it also utilizes different herbs that come with different qualities and nutrition. It's super yummy and we think you will love it!
What is your favorite holiday appetizer? Let us know in the comments below!
Tea Infused Turkey Pinwheels
- 6 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Deli Sliced Roasted Turkey
- 5 TBL Cranberry Tea (We used our
- Coastal Cranberry Spice Herbal Blend)
- 6 oz of Hot Water
- 15 leafs of Romain Lettuce
- 8 oz container of Cream Cheese (We love Nancy’s Brand filled with Probiotics)
- 1 TBL Pure Maple Syrup
- Steep the tea in 6 oz of water for 10-15 minutes. Strain and set aside until cool.
- Once tea has cooled add steeped tea, cream cheese and maple syrup to food processor. Blend until everything is well incorporated.
- Spread 1/4 c. cream cheese mixture on one whole wheat tortilla making sure it is thin and even over the entire tortilla.
- Place two turkey slices down the middle of the tortilla with cream cheese.
- Place 2-4 leaves of romaine lettuce over the turkey.
- Roll tortilla tightly and slice in about 2 in. pieces. Top with steeped tea leaves for a little bit of flare.
If you loved this recipe, good news! There are more recipes to be found here!
Are you getting weekly tips on all things herbal?
Growing, creating, recipes, herbal medicine tips, and more every week right to your inbox (including sales on herbal goodness!) Make sure you grab it here!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.