Whether it be organic sea moss gummies or a sea moss supplement, sea moss is on the minds of many right now. A lot of the popularity comes from the 102 vitamins and minerals that are contained in sea moss. However, there is a difference in quality versus premium quality in the type of sea moss that you use. Not all of those premade sea moss gummies have the best sea moss in them, and their other ingredients might counteract the goodness of the sea moss.
Last month we talked about the 18 reasons to drink sea moss and how to make sea moss tea. Today I’m going to share with you a tasty recipe for your own high-quality sea moss gummies. Many of you already know about the health benefits of elderberries. This recipe is going to combine the goodness of sea moss along with the amazing benefits of elderberries.
Before we start:
This herbal information is just that, information. This blog post and I DO NOT INTEND to treat, cure, prevent any disease, or diagnose any disease or illness. This is for informational, educational, and entertainment purposes only. Please consult a physician before using herbs medicinally. These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. St. Fiacre’s Farm and Grow Create Sip assumes no liability for inaccuracies.
This post also contains affiliate links. Translation: We get a little kickback for sharing certain products at no additional cost to you should you choose to purchase said items. And - thank you for supporting our farm and family! Read the full disclaimer here.
Health Benefits of Sea Moss
While Sea moss has historically been used as an immunity boosting herb, there are a great many reasons to put the benefits of sea moss to work. Aside from immune support, another great reason is joint support. Sea moss aides in joint support not just with its massive amounts of vitamins and minerals, especially calcium and magnesium. But sea moss is also an anti-inflammatory, helping to calm down that joint pain and inflammation.
Let’s take a quick look at all the things that sea moss can help with, and then we will get to those tasty elderberry sea moss gummies!
Irish Sea Moss may aide the body in the following*:
- Chest Infections
- Kidney Health
- Bladder Health
- Assists Upper Respiratory Illness
- Irritating coughs
- Aides in lung issues
- It May be used in place of cornsilk for urinary issues
- Support during Tuberculosis
- Supports Thyroid Function
To read more about contraindications with medications, harvesting your sea moss, along with flavor pairing tips and dehydrating tips download our Irish Sea Moss Materia Medica Sheets in the Herbal Studio. We also dive more into the different types of sea moss, including wild crafted sea moss, here in this post.
Photo by Kayla Joy Creative
Sea Moss Gummies Recipe
While many different sea moss gummy recipes use sea moss gel, we prefer organic Irish sea moss that we grind into powder. Sea moss gel usually comes with many additives, and we just want the whole plant in its most natural form here, just the way that God made it. Those gummies that you purchase tend to have a lot of additives, too such as:
- Dye! Sea moss is NOT "that" color green y’all, and not rainbow-colored for sure!
- Malt flavoring or other processed sweeteners
- Chemical or artificial flavorings
This recipe I’m about to share with you is made from natural whole foods, herbs, and natural fruity flavors! No junk here, y’all! Do note. These are not going to taste like gummy bears! But these are yummy healthy alternatives.
Sea Moss Gummies (with Elderberry)
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the apple juice, pre-made elderberry syrup, and lemon.
- Pour half of the mixture into a medium-sized saucepan and add the honey. Place over medium heat to bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, whisk the sea moss and gelatin into the medium-sized bowl with the remaining elderberry/juice mixture.
- Once the mixture on the stovetop is simmering, remove from the heat and slowly whisk into the medium-sized bowl with the other half of the mixture mixed with the gelatin and sea moss.
- Once everything is combined and dissolved, use a dropper to fill your gummy molds. Place in the fridge to set for at least two hours. Carefully remove from the molds and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Photo/Recipe by Kayla Joy Creative
Photo by Kayla Joy Creative
I don’t know about you, but for me, I”d much rather eat my seaweed in these yummy gummies without the added junk. I can’t highly recommend that you make sure there isn’t the added dye, colorings, and flavorings when getting your vitamins and minerals. The great thing is that you can make this an even more effective formula by changing the herbs you use to fit your needs.
Grab our free elderberry recipe e-book along with the elderberries you need to make this recipe here and if you would like to learn more about two new herbs every month, make sure you check out our Herbal Studio and Communi-tea here.
I’d love to know, though, have you made any sort of gummy before, or do you usually buy them? Let me know in the comments below!
Other posts you may enjoy:
- Elderberry Health Benefits
- Herbs for Allergies (Fight Seasonal Allergies)
- Herbal Allergy-Fighting Tea Recipe
- Tools for Preventing Colds, Coughs & Flu Part 1
- Herbs for Colds, Coughs & Flu Part 2
- Herbal Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies
Are you getting weekly tips on all things herbal?
Growing, creating, recipes, herbal medicine tips, and more every week right to your inbox (including sales on herbal goodness!) Make sure you grab it here!
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.